Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Post

The Lakers, Magic, Spurs, Cavaliers, and Mavericks all got Christmas presents on Thursday.  I saw all of the games except the Magic/Hornets, but I can say for all of the rest that not one of those winners had the game locked up until the final moments.  The Lakers won at home, with a really unusual lack of free throws for the Celtics, so, you know, make of that what you will.  I like it when the Hornets lose.  The Spurs win was yet another classic instance of them breaking the spirit of the Suns.  I know Amare probably left the arena looking for stray cats to punt (I'm sure Amare is not actually cruel to animals.  I was making a joke about his intense frustration.  Please, no angry letters).  The Cavs...man, that was a close one.  Antawn and Caron should get together with Amare for a few drinks.  Drown their sorrows.  I'm pretty disappointed about the Mavericks win over the Blazers.  They earned it.  There was nothing shady about it.  The Blazers played the game and stayed in it.  But Howard got tossed early, and Portland should have capitalized.  Maybe, though, the win sans Josh is further evidence that the Mavs are better off without him.  I stuck up for that guy back in September, but it has always seemed to me like he has a pretty terrible attitude, and I really believe that Dallas has been unable to make the championship leap over the past few years because of poor team chemistry.  I think they have more than one locker room poison.  Dirk deserves better.

Anyway, no Dramatique post on the Christmas games.  I was planning on doing the Lakers/Celtics game, but it was so over-hyped that it feels stale to me.  Sorry to let you down, Lakers fans.  I know you're out there.  But I have no doubt that the Western Banner will continue to play a major role in this tale of mine as the season progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave an email address, I'll write you back!