Friday, September 26, 2008

So long, White Chocolate

The word out of L.A. this evening is that Jason Williams is hanging up his sneakers after a ten-year career in the NBA. I only knew Jason's game from the 05-06 Heat, but from what I've read, he was a real show-off. I mean that in a good way. Williams was probably not the ideal point guard and was probably a coach's nightmare, but I'll always have some appreciation for him because of that title run he made with Miami.

So, Jason, if you're really going away for good, I wish you the best. You helped make my little brother (a Heat fan) love the game of basketball, and I appreciate you doing that. Maybe you looked at the situation you were going into with the Clippers and realized that your best days in the NBA were behind you. Just remember, no matter what anyone might say about your career now that it's over, you were a champion. Good luck.

1 comment:

  1. Nice commentary. It's amazing a guy who plays for fun, doesn't have a motive to be an NBA player and likes the Spurs can be so dead on.

    Jake keep it up. Your blog is what I needed. We will all miss the "White Chocolate" or J-Dub as others referred to him. I also must say this is the same kid that went to Rucker Park in New York and played liked he belonged, thats saying something.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave an email address, I'll write you back!