Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things to come...

I just wanted to make a quick post here for a short announcement. I've been purposely quiet on this page since the end of last season. I wanted to take some time to think about my approach to this blog and how I could make a unique niche for myself in the over-populated world of basketball/NBA/sports blogs. The web is full of them, really. I've come up with something that I think is pretty interesting, and I've had a lot of fun thinking up my particular approach. I'll go into more detail at a later date, but I hope it's something that a lot of people can enjoy. If it's not to your taste, there's plenty of other websites out there for you to visit. I'll be silent here for the rest of the month, but you (and I!) should expect posts every day beginning in October. I hope to see you then.

1 comment:

  1. Man your killing me. Give me something. I will start. New York is foolish for wanting to give up Randolph for Milicic and Jaric. I know cap space is a must in this day and age of the NBA but give Dantonio a chance to work with Zach, make his trade value go up and then obtain pieces that will complement the 2010 free agents they are going after. It's great to go after the big name free agents but if they do not have players in place that will complement their talent than what is the use. New York has some players that if placed in the right situation with proper coaching will excel. Randolph, Robinson, Curry, Lee, and Crawford all have talent but have not been in a position where they could learn from veterans and be groomed on how to be effective players. (except for Randolph in his stint with Portland).

    If you pair these guys with a legitimate allstar (Lebron, Kobe, Garnett, Wade) you will see a different ball player out of each. I am not saying they will be ready for a championship but look what veteran leadership did for House, Rondo, Big Baby, Powe, Perkins and for Vujachic, Radmonovich, Odom and Turiaf and the rest of the Lakers. Sometime kids need to be taught how to be winners instead of just players.

    Man I am going to stop now. I am starting to get hot around the collar and pre-season doesn't start for another 3 weeks.

    So don't wait for the end of the month, lets start now, get loose with a couple of mid range jumpers and at the beginning of next month you can go full throttle.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave an email address, I'll write you back!