Thursday, October 30, 2008

NBA Reality, Oct 30

It's the third night of the season and I wanted to change hats for a second to just be a regular basketball blogger. I'm watching the Rockets/Mavs and just having some thoughts on the season so far.

How disappointing was it to see Oden limping down the court on Tuesday night? That was not the way that the season should have started for anyone. Even Lakers fans should have been let down. Don't quit on the Blazers though.

The Lakers aren't really interested in a relationship right now. They'll bring you to their place, do you raw, make you feel cheap and used, and send you home. But before you go they'll let you know that this wasn't just a one-time thing. It'll happen again.

I like how it's unacceptable for men to cry in public, except when they win at sports. Then you get your cry on, dude. Adam, I said "win".

Seriously, Lakers, did we do something to upset you? Why are you treating us so cold? It's like you only care about one thing.

Maybe I'm just a fan, but I thought the Spurs looked good in spite of the loss. Timmy and Tony just went off. 32 points each?!? Put Manu back in the line-up and they'll handle the Suns easily. That said, I thought the Suns looked good too. Shaq looked more capable than I've seen in a long time.

Pop wins the award for Coolest Human in Pro Sports Ever. Why? Goofing with Shaq flies not only in the face of the traditional bravado inherent in sports, but also is completely contradictory to the public perception of the Spurs organization. Thumbs up indeed, Pop. Thumbs up indeed.

The Heat looked like nobody told them they were starting the season on Wednesday. Like they woke up from a nap and were in New York all of a sudden. I think they'll get sharper, but Wade occasionally has games where I think he feels the pressure of high expectations, and can't get in the groove.

If you aren't already checking out my man Rob's site Upside and Motor, do so. For real. He also contributes regularly to one of my other favorites, Hardwood Paroxysm.

Hornets are about to come on. See ya.

1 comment:

  1. If the Lakers are gonna play like THAT, then the first real game for them isn't really till the Rockets go to Staples over a week from now.

    DP and TP looked solid, but you hope they don't have to do that every game already...

    Oden out IS sad for all fans, get better big guy!

    Hahaha Adam, zing!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave an email address, I'll write you back!