Thursday, October 2, 2008

I was just thinking...

Just for the fun of it, I made some predictions about 10 days ago about the end of the upcoming season. I am sure they will be way off once June gets here, but I was thinking - why would I pick the Pistons to win it all when they're dealing with a new coach? That doesn't make sense! So, I'm going to tweak my prediction just slightly and say that the Cavs beat the Pistons in the conference finals. 'Sheed goes absolutely nuts at the final buzzer and might go to prison. Then in the Finals, Hornets beat the Cavs, causing LeBron to take a vow of silence towards the media for the next year so that he doesn't have to repeatedly discuss his plans to leave Cleveland.

That's my prediction. Ok, not really. I just wanted to say that despite my previous post, I don't think the Pistons will capture the title with a new coach.

Maybe the Spurs can do it again...

4 comments:

  1. Stop Drinking it is bad for your predictions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kool-Aid, and will continue to drink! With the improvements made to both conferences, I think this will be an unpredictable season. However (and of course I have no way to prove this), I have correctly predicted two of the last three champions prior to opening night. I was only wrong about the Heat, and really, I think that championship was just one Ginobli foul away from belonging to San Antonio. If I had betting money (I don't) and wanted to lay a wager down today (I wouldn't), my money would probably be on New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going with NO/Detroit in the Finals, unless Chandler's injury turns out to be a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that being a real possibility. My one dissenting thought is that LeBron has what seems to be an ever-increasing force of will. In a Conference Finals match-up between Cleveland and Detroit, I see seven closely-contested games that end with the Pistons again collapsing. Which would be due to a lack of faith in their coach and internal squabbles over the defense of James.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave an email address, I'll write you back!